Tuesday, March 19, 2013

I Pick A New YA Book to Review

I know I've been quiet in the blogging department lately. I've been busy avoiding being a responsible writer by playing too many video games and working my day job. Recently I decided that I wanted a new YA book to pick apart, so I did some research on Goodreads.

I had a few choices. I could have gone with the loathed Halo or Hush Hush. But since I don't have an angel fetish like many of the people who have read these books, I decided to take a break from heavenly beings winged and feathered, and pick something in the dystopian genre.

I introduce to you Divergent by Veronica Roth.


This little gem seems to suffer from overhype and a rabid fan base. So seeing if it's in the same bad realm as Mortal Instruments will be fun. Who knows, it might be good. We'll just have to see. From the research I've done, the writer says she liked Mockingbird by Suzanne Collins and I thought that book was just so-so. That is not a good sign my friends.

For blow by blow updates, follow me on Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment